Founded in 2008, the Sudbury Design Society is a member-based non-profit organization working to raise the value and visibility of design in Greater Sudbury.
SDS works to provide networking, professional development, advocacy and transparency for everyone with an interest in the Sudbury design industry.
The SDS builds awareness and support for good design by participating in initiatives and projects which positively benefit the community.
SDS is working to better the Sudbury design industry for everyone involved. We intend to:
- Provide grassroots community, services, and advocacy for the Greater Sudbury design professions.
- Promote the value of design to the Greater Sudbury business community.
- Increase the awareness and visibility of design in the general Greater Sudbury community.
- Promote standards of professionalism and ethics.
- Support associated organizations.
- Promote the Greater Sudbury area as a destination for design professionals.
- Promote and support environmental sustainability and socially conscious actions.
- Encourage mentorship between experienced professionals and young professionals.
- Advance relationships with individuals and organizations involved in compatible pursuits.
- Engage in other complementary purposes not inconsistent with the above.
2016-2017 BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Meggan Van Harten, RGD
Matthew Rocca, RGD
Jennifer Taback, RGD
Chad Weiss, Prov. RGD
Brandon Fordham, Prov. RGD
Jennica Robinson, Prov, RGD
Ron Beltrame, Dipl. AA., RGD